Project 6: Advanced Color
Your goal for this project is to create a series of 8 cohesive images that use a specific color as their connecting thread. The images must be unified, and they must tell a story.
Through a cohesive series of photographs, convey a sense of importance and narrative using 1-2 specific colors. You will imply meaning and significance onto an object, person, place, or event using the chosen color(s). Your choice of subject matter is open.
- M. Night Shyamalan’s films The Village and The Sixth Sense
- William Eggleston
- Robert and Shana Parkeharrison’s series Counterpoint - http://www.parkeharrison.com/bodies-of-work/counterpoint
- Albert Lamorisse’s The Red Balloon (1956) - https://archive.org/details/LeBallonRougetheRedBalloon
- Frances F. Denny's Pink Crush - http://www.francesfdenny.com/PORTFOLIOS/PINK-CRUSH/thumbs
- Monday, February 13th: 200 images shot towards your project. Create a contact sheet labeled lastname_firstname_advanced_color_cs_1 and place in your Project 6 folder on Google Drive.
- Tuesday, February 21st: 200 images shot towards your project. You will receive feedback on your previous images in class. Make 200 more images towards your project, taking the feedback you received and applying it to your new photographs.
Create a contact sheet labeled lastname_firstname_advanced_color_cs_2 and place in your Project 6 folder on Google Drive.
- Extended to Thursday, March 2: Monday, February 27th: A typed project statement rough draft submitted to Google Drive under your Project 6 folder. Save as a Google Doc and label lastname_firstname_color_statement. We will go over project statements together in class prior to this.
- March 7th and 8th: On your class block day, you will turn in 8 final, cohesive prints towards your color project for formal critique.